Communications Coordinator - Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission
Indiana State Department of Health
Posted April 16, 2015 | Apply by May 8, 2015
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Miranda Spitznagle, firstname.lastname@example.org by May 8, 2015.
This is a contract staff position.
Purpose of Position/Summary
This position serves as the media and communications coordinator for the Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission. This position works with the state tobacco control program and its funded state and community partners throughout Indiana to bring health communications interventions supported by evidenced based tobacco control interventions outlined in CDC Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs.
- Serves as media and communications resource to local community based and minority based programs, as well as statewide grantees and youth programs regarding the progress of their work plans.
- Works closely with Tobacco Commission staff to provide training and technical assistance related to tobacco control media and communications to local and state tobacco control partners including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based health communication interventions.
- Assists the Commission in the development and execution of its annual marketing and communications plan.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate, timely, and appealing information on the Tobacco Commission’s program and consumer websites, as well as social media channels.
- Works closely with any of the Commission’s media contractors to assist in coordination of all aspects of the media and communications plan
- Provide recommendations to Commission staff on local media and communications interventions.
- Work with the Commission’s Research and Evaluation staff to tracking the tobacco control program’s objectives related to media interventions.
- Work with the Commission’s Research and Evaluation staff to prepare fact sheets, reports and other data-specific materials that are communicated in a variety of formats (written, oral, electronic) and audiences.
- Serves as a liaison between the Commission and other local, state and federal agencies.
- Serves as a liaison between the other Commissions and Divisions to integrate and coordinate tobacco prevention and cessation messaging.
- Provides, manages, and promotes e-based tobacco control initiatives to state and community partners
- Serves as lead on e-newsletters; partners with organizations on news articles; publishes e-newsletters;
- Write and edit