Medication-Assisted Treatment Waiver Training
August 18, 2020
Time: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The event is FREE to attend, however, a registration must be submitted prior to the event.
- This training will be held virtually. More details to come.
- Training will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m.
- Dr. Emily Zarse, MD, will present a 4-hour required training virtually; and then attendees will complete the additional 4 hours at their own pace. Upon completion, attendees will receive a certificate to then apply for a MAT Waiver. There is a shortage of providers to fulfill this need, so we encourage all to take advantage of this opportunity.
- This activity will assist physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and psychiatrists who wish to apply for a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine for the treatment of opioid use disorders.
- Download the event flyer HERE.
Once the training is completed, support and guidance will be available for free from the InROC and Project ECHO regarding:
- Screening and caring for patients in at-risk populations
- Treatment of opioid use disorder and co-occurring conditions
- Alternative options for opioid prescribing and integrated pain management
Connect and register with Project ECHO HERE.
Connect with InROC HERE.
Thank you to our wonderful partners for making this training available!
American Association on Addiction Psychiatry (AAAP) is the DATA 2000 sponsor for this training.
Funding for this initiative was made possible (in part) by grant no. 1H79TI081968 from SAMHSA. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.