Clinical Informaticist/Application Trainer - Rush Memorial Hospital
• Reporting to the Clinical Informatics Coordinator, the Clinical Informatics / Application Trainer utilizes clinical knowledge, skills, and experience to coordinate and evaluate all applications and end-user training. The Clinical Informatics / Application Trainer will partner closely with key clinical, financial, and administrative leaders as well as staff to effectively communicate information systems application training and governance plans. The Clinical Informatics / Application Trainer is also responsible for working together with his/her colleagues to lead and support monitoring, learning, and optimization of all RMH end-user applications and other designated responsibilities as the position grows. He/she will be expected to uphold RMH application training and Informaticist responsibilities and guidelines for the organization.
• Knowledge & Experience
• Maintains strong clinical knowledge of healthcare trends, policy, regulatory, and compliance issues.
• Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding clinical processes, workflow, and content management.
• Troubleshoot and identify opportunities for clinical system improvements.
• Identifies gaps in work processes and/or system functionality that require continuous education, training, and communication.
• Helps coordinate all application training (use of HealthStream), standard setting, reporting, forms customization, application maintenance, and updates related to the clinical software systems.
• Applies broad clinical informatics knowledge and adult learning techniques to educate staff and leaders on new system features and functions.
• Conduct regular informatics rounds & interviews with users and gathers data/information in order to enhance the clinical systems, which promote end user satisfaction...this includes all clinical workflows and processes.
• In collaboration with the process owners, is responsible for developing, reviewing, and redesigning as appropriate the process and flow of the clinical systems throughout the organization.
• Minimum education of a Degree in Health Informatics, Teaching (w/clinical background), Nursing (RN), or higher related field.
• Two years’ experience in a clinical, healthcare informatics, or clinical system analyst position.
• Knowledge of and ability to interpret – comply with applicable healthcare industry regulations.
• Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation, and interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation.
• Applications, project management, and time management skills required.
• Highly self-motivated, analytical thinker and problem solver.
• Ability to teach others in multifaceted settings.
• Medical Terminology.
• Testing, training, and educating end-users.
o More information may be viewed at: www.rushmemorial.com
o Applications may be submitted under CAREERS
o No telephone calls please
Debra Meek | Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Rush Memorial Hospital
P: 765-932-7486 | F: 765-932-7409
Deaconess Illinois, a Critical Access Hospital, seeking a CFO ...[ more ]
Recruitment Needs at King's Daughters' Health ...[ more ]
Joining in the Fight for the Health of All Moms and Babies in Rural Central Southwest Indiana Communities ...[ more ]