Indiana Tobacco Quitline
There's Never Been a Better Time to Quit!
Recent price increases in tobacco products are serving as a powerful reason for more and more smokers to try to quit.
Are you ready to improve your health and save money by quitting tobacco? Then call theIndiana Tobacco Quitline, your best resource for free, professional help and support.
When you call the Quitline, you'll talk with a trained Quit Coach who understands what you're going through and can work with you to develop an individualized quit plan that meets your specific needs.
Or call 1-800-QUIT-NOW from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. ET, seven days a week and take your first step to a healthier, tobacco-free life.
If you are interested in a presentation about the Indiana Tobacco Quitline and its free services, please call me or email me. I will work with your schedule.
Indiana Rural Health Association
812/478-3919, ext. 222
Other Important Information:
Quit Season Is Here!
The best thing you can do to improve your health in 2020? Call 1-800-QUIT NOW. It’s free. It’s confidential.
Community Outreach: Any of the CDC TIPS ads support the overall Quit message and can be tailored to the organization you are working with or demographic you are reaching out to. Connect with partners focusing on a specific health area. Visit the download center site or the CDC Tips page for great content.
- Tis the Season to Quit article - 10 steps to quit smoking. Share this information with smokers in your community this quit season.
Facebook posts using Tips and other resources to prepare for quit day
- Is the ITQL logo on your website? Add it and link to QuitNowIndiana.com
- Ask local fitness centers to include materials about the Indiana Tobacco Quitline in their new membership packets.
WATCH out for the industry!
Did you know that tobacco companies increase marketing spending during the New Year’s/Quit Season? Engage youth and adult coalition members to be on the lookout for these marketing materials.
- Keep an eye out for tobacco ads promoting smokeless tobacco and e-cigarettes as alternatives to quitting smoking (e.g., www.trinketsandtrash.org/detail.php?artifactid=8389&page=1)
- If these ads appear, this offers an opportunity to do some earned media to counter the ads.