2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) is closely monitoring an outbreak of the 2019 novel (new) coronavirus or 2019-nCoV. This new respiratory virus was first identified in the city of Wuhan in China’s Hubei Province and continues to infect people in China and around the world, including the United States.
Read the latest information and guidance on 2019-nCoV … https://www.in.gov/isdh/
Healthcare Preparedness Program (HPP) is affiliated with and supported by the U.S. Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response’s (ASPR’s) Hospital Preparedness Program, which provides leadership and funding through grants and cooperative agreements to states, territories and eligible municipalities to improve surge capacity and enhance community and hospital preparedness for public health emergencies.
The Indiana Rural Health Clinics Emergency Preparedness Engagement Project (2019-2020) aims to assist the ten (10) district Health Care Coalitions (HCCs) in building a stronger coalition response to emergencies and disasters. The selected activities below will improve the Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) capabilities to engage in the preparation, response and recovery actions of the HCC.
- Identify Health Care Coalition Members – Ongoing RHC identification and updating contact information
- Promote Role-Appropriate National Incident Management System (NIMS) Implementation – NIMS training and exercises coordinated by IRHA and the HCCs, to educate the RHCs’ leadership on the NIMS
- Educate and Train on Identified Preparedness and Response Gaps – Planned training activities on risks, resource gaps, work plan priorities, and corrective actions based on prior exercises and incidents
- Utilize Communications Systems and Platforms – Inclusion and training of Juvare information sharing platforms (statewide mass notification system) and redundant information and communication systems
- Train and Exercise to Promote Responders’ Safety and Health – Education materials and related trainings to protect responders and the health care workforce provided by ISDH, Health Care Coalitions, and Purdue Rural Emergency Preparedness program (IN-PREP)
Rural Health Emergency Preparedness Resources